Apply to present today! Join us for the Health Tech Competition from the American Heart Association (AHA) November 13 in Anaheim, CA. Highly qualified applicants will be selected to pitch their health startup company to venture capitalists and AHA VIPs that can help take new companies to the next level.
Days until the event:
Meet our Emcee, Lisa Suennen! Lisa is Senior Managing Director at GE Ventures. She leads the firm’s healthcare venture fund which invests in early-to-growth stage healthcare investments across health IT, health services, medical technology and life science technologies. She is a prolific blogger on health innovation and can be found at Venture Valkyrie.
The AHA Health Tech Competition
- Improves patient outcomes through innovative technology Incorporates evidence-based health research
- A working prototype or minimally viable product
- Privately held self or venture-funded company
- Available to showcase and present live before a panel of judges in Anaheim on November 13
Finalists will receive conference passes, present live before a panel of judges, and showcase their technologies to 18,000 scientists and healthcare professionals at the AHA Scientific Sessions in Anaheim on November 13.
- 2 Passes to Scientific Sessions ($2190)
- Health Innovation Showcase ($2000) in the Health Innovation Pavilion
- Meeting with AHA Center for Health Technology & Innovation team
- Networking with over 18K scientists and healthcare professionals
- Speaking opportunities at future AHA health tech events
The AHA winner gets:
- 1 year membership in the AHA Health Tech Collaborative ($25K value)
- Advisory Meetings with the AHA Center for Health Technology & Innovation leadership
- AHA physician faculty and judge Recognition by the AHA as the winner of the 2016 Health Tech Competition in the form of a digital badge
- October 20 Application Deadline
- October 27 Finalists Announced
- October 30 Coaching Begins
- November 12 Onsite Company Review
- November 13, 2017 Competition